New Books: September 2015
Every month the AAG compiles a list of newly-published books in geography and related areas. Some are selected for review in the AAG Review of Books.
Publishers are welcome to send new volumes to the Editor-in-Chief (Kent Mathewson, Editor-in-Chief, AAG Review of Books, Department of Geography and Anthropology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803).
Anyone interested in reviewing these or other titles should also contact the Editor-in-Chief.
- Brazil through French Eyes: A Nineteenth-Century Artist in the Tropics by Ana Lucia Araujo (University of New Mexico Press 2015, http://www.unmpress.com/books.php?ID=20000000005503)
- Concrete Revolution: Large Dams, Cold War Geopolitics, and the US Bureau of Reclamation by Christopher Sneddon (University of Chicago Press 2015, http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/C/bo21028342.html)
- Connecting the Drops: A Citizens’ Guide to Protecting Water Resources by Karen Schneller-McDonald (Cornell University Press 2015, http://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/book/?gcoi=80140100921450)
- Downton Abbey and Philosophy: Thinking in That Minor by Adam Barkman and Robert Arp (eds) (Open Court Publishing Company 2015, http://www.opencourtbooks.com/books_n/downton.htm)
- The Fence and the Bridge: Geopolitics and Identity along the Canada–US Border by Heather N. Nicol (Wilfrid Laurier University Press 2015, http://www.wlupress.wlu.ca/Catalog/nicol.shtml)
- High Mobility in Europe: Work and Personal Life by Gil Viry, Vincent Kaufmann (eds.) (Palgrave Macmillan 2015, http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/High-Mobility-in-Europe/?K=9781137447371)
- Modeling Cities and Regions as Complex Systems: From Theory to Planning Applications by Roger White, Guy Engelen and Inge Uljee (MIT Press 2015, https://mitpress.mit.edu/modeling-cities)
- The Mountain: A Political History from the Enlightenment to the Present by Bernard Debarbieux and Gilles Rudaz (University of Chicago Press 2015, http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/M/bo15302284.html)
- Plastic Water: The Social and Material Life of Bottled Water by Gay Hawkins, Emily Potter and Kane Race (MIT Press 2015, https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/plastic-water)
- Reframing Climate Change: Constructing ecological geopolitics by Shannon O’Lear and Simon Dalby (eds.) (Routledge 2015, http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/books/details/9781138794375/)
- Reinventing Detroit: The Politics of Possibility (Comparative Urban and
- Community Research, Volume 11) by Michael Peter Smith and L. Owen Kirkpatrick (eds.) (Transaction 2015, http://www.transactionpub.com/title/Reinventing-Detroit-978-1-4128-5693-5.html)
- Retrofitting Sprawl: Addressing Seventy Years of Failed Urban Form by Talen, Emily (University of Georgia Press 2015, http://www.ugapress.org/index.php/books/retrofitting_sprawl/)
- Selected Essays of Gopal Krishan by Surya Kant and Nina Singh (RK Books 2015) [No web address available]
- To the Beach: Community Conservation and its role in ‘Sustainable Development’ by Thor Kerr (University of Western Australia Publishing 2015, http://uwap.uwa.edu.au/products/to-the-beach-community-conservation-and-its-role-in-sustainable-development)