Big Data and CyberGIS/AI of the Past, Present, and Future of GIScience
The AAG Geographic Information Science and Systems Specialty Group welcomes you to the second webinar on Ecology and Climate of the Past, Present, and Future of GIScience series. This webinar will provide a platform for the panelists to discuss how multi-scalar modeling, spatiotemporal analytics, uncertainty propagation and assessment influence ecology and climate research, specifically, from the perspective of past, present and future of GIScience (data and techniques) and technological advancements.
- Jane Southworth is Full Professor and current Department Chair at the University of Florida, Department of Geography. Her research interests are based on the study of social-ecological systems within the field of Land Change Science, Geospatial Science and GeoAI.
- Nathan Moore is an associate Professor in the Geography Department at Michigan State University with joint appointments at the Center for Global Change and Earth Observations and with MSU AgBioResearch. Dr. Moore is also a brainstormer for climate change impacts and speaks frequently across Michigan about climate effects on health and agriculture.
- Peng Gao is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences at University of North Carolina, Wilmington. His research leverages spatial algorithms to address ecological and physical geography focused research.
- Dr. Bandana Kar (U.S. Dept. of Energy)
- Dr. Zachary Christman (Rowan University)
- Dr. Lei Zou (Texas A & M University)