Read the Journal
Submit to this journal
Featuring scholarly reviews of current books which are either geographic in sensitivities or are reviewed and interpreted through the multiple lenses that geography offers, the online journal offers a number of different formats, including the standard review of one book, a review essay in which the reviewer reflects upon a number of books on a particular theme, and the book review fora where multiple contributors discuss a newly published text. Published quarterly, each new issue makes two reviews freely available, and all content becomes free after one year. Book reviews were formerly published in the AAG’s flagship journals, Annals of the AAG and The Professional Geographer, but in 2013 these were brought together in this journal in order to offer greater scope for discussion and consideration of new texts.
Chrome is the recommended browser to access journal articles, as Firefox is currently not working.Read the Journal
- Volume 11, Issue 4
- Finding the Voice of the River: Beyond Restoration and Management
- National Affects: The Everyday Atmospheres of Being Political
- To Be Nsala’s Daughter: Decomposing the Colonial Gaze
- The Feminist Killjoy Handbook
- Killer Cities
- ABCs of Geography: Simple Explanations of Complex Concepts Like Distance, Place, Region, and More!
- Modelling Spatial and Spatial-Temporal Data: A Bayesian Approach
- Seed Activism: Patent Politics and Litigation in the Global South
- China Urbanizing: Impacts and Transitions
- Our Geographical Worlds: Celebrating Award-Winning Geography at the University of Toronto 1995 to 2018
- Facets of Faces: Arnel David Garcia
- Climate Uncertainty and Risk: Rethinking Our Response
- Spectacle and Trumpism: An Embodied Assemblage Approach
- The Quarantine Atlas: Mapping Global Life Under COVID-19
- Posthumanist Materialism and the Encounter with Art
Book review solicitation
Book reviews are written on invitation from the editorial office, although the Editor does welcome suggestions, particularly those pertaining to geographically significant works written by scholars in other disciplines. To suggest a recently-published book to review or to volunteer to review a book from our New Books for Geographers book lists, please contact the Editor.
If you have been invited to review a book for the journal, please consult the Guidelines for Reviewers regarding manuscript preparation and style.