New geography books
Every month the AAG compiles a list of new books in geography and related areas. Some are selected for review in the AAG Review of Books.
Publishers are welcome to send new volumes to the Editor-in-Chief (Kent Mathewson, Editor-in-Chief, AAG Review of Books, Department of Geography and Anthropology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803). Authors interested in reviewing books should also contact the Editor-in-Chief (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Atlas of California: Mapping the Challenge of a New Era by Walker, Richard A., and Suresh K. Lodha (University of California Press 2013, http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520272026).
- A British Anarchist Tradition by Carissa Honeywell (Bloomsbury 2011, http://www.bloomsbury.com/us/a-british-anarchist-tradition-9781441190178/).
- A Dictionary of Environmental History by Whyt, Ian D. (I.B. Tauris 2013, http://www.ibtauris.com/Books/Earth sciences geography environment planning/The environment/Dictionary of Environmental History.aspx?menuitem=%7BDFF51E2F-C0BA-4928-ACC4-415188DCDEE8%7D).
- Atlas of the Gulf States by Cadene, Philippe and Brigitte Dumortier (BRILL 2013, http://www.brill.com/atlas-gulf-states).
- Beyond Neoliberalism: A World to Win by James Petras and Henry Veltmeyer (Ashgate 2011, http://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&calcTitle=1&isbn=9781409428473&lang=cy-GB).
- Bouyancy on the Bayou: Shrimpers Face the Rising tide of Globalization by Jill Ann Hrrison (Cornell University Press 2012, http://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/book/?GCOI=80140100885700).
- Chomsky: Language, Mind and Politics by McGilvray, James (Polity Books 2013, http://www.politybooks.com/book.asp?ref=9780745649894).
- Cities: An Environmental History by Douglas, Ian (I.B. Tauris 2012, http://www.ibtauris.com/Books/Earth sciences geography environment planning/Regional area planning/Urban municipal planning/Cities An Environmental History.aspx?menuitem=%7BDFF51E2F-C0BA-4928-ACC4-415188DCDEE8%7D).
- Documents of Life Revisited: Narrative and Biographical Methodology for a 21st Century Critical Humanism by Stanley, Liz, ed (Ashgate 2013, http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409442899).
- The Ecology of the Barí: Rainforest Horticulturalists of South America by Beckerman, Stephen, and Roberto Lizarralde (University of Texas Press 2013, http://utpress.utexas.edu/index.php/books/bececo).
- Empire De/Centered: New Spatial Histories of Russia and the Soviet Union by Turoma, Sanna and Maxim Waldstein, eds (Ashgate 2013, http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409447863).
- Everyday Life Matters: Maya Farmers at Chan by Robin, Cynthia (University Press of Florida 2013, http://upf.com/book.asp?id=ROBIN003).
- The Food and Feasts of Jesus: The Original Mediterranean Diet, with Menus and Recipes by Neel, Douglas E. and Joe A. Pugh (Rowman and Littlefield 2013, https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781442212916).
- Food and War in Mid-Twentieth-Century East Asia by Cwiertka, Katarzyna J., ed (Ashgate 2013, http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409446750).
- The Garage: Automobility and Building Innovation in America's Early Auto Age by Jakle, John A., and Keith A. Sculle (University of Tennessee Press 2013, http://utpress.org/bookdetail-2/?jobno=T01688).
- Geographic Health Data by Francis P. Boscoe (CABI 2013, http://bookshop.cabi.org/?page=2633&pid=2621&site=191).
- Geopolitics of Foreign Aid Volumes 1& 2 by Milner, Helen V. and Dustin Tingley (Edward Elgar 2013, http://www.e-elgar.com/bookentry_main.lasso?id=15064).
- Global Energy Dilemmas by Bradshaw, Mike (Polity Books 2013, http://www.politybooks.com/book.asp?ref=9780745650647).
- Global West, American Frontier: Travel, Empire, and Exceptionalism from Manifest Destiny to the Great Depression by Wrobel, David M (University of New Mexico Press 2013, http://www.unmpress.com/books_featured.php?ID=208&Page=book).
- Groundwater for the 21st Century: A Primer for Citizens of Planet Earth by Conners, John A. (McDonald and Woodward 2013, http://www.mwpubco.com/titles/groundwater.htm).
- In the Museum of Man: Race, Anthropology, and Empire in France, 1850–1950 by Conklin, Alice L. (Cornell University Press 2013, http://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/book/?GCOI=80140100722070).
- The Making of a Cultural Landscape by John K Walton and Jason Wood (Ashgate 2013, http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409423683).
- Maps of Paradise by Scafi, Alessandro (University of Chicago Press 2013, http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/M/bo16758785.html).
- Meeting Place: The Human Encounter and the Challenge of Coexistence by Carter, Paul (University of Minnesota Press 2013, http://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/meeting-place).
- The New Science of Cities by Batty, Michael (MIT Press 2013, http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/new-science-cities).
- On Western Terrorism: From Hiroshima to Drone Warfare by Chomsky, Noam and Andre Vlthek (Pluto Press 2013, http://www.plutobooks.com/display.asp?K=9780745333878&).
- Population Geography: Problems, Concepts, and Prospects by Peters, Gary L., Robert P Larkin, Karen Johnson-Webb, Kefa M Otiso (Kendall Hunt Publishing Company 2013, http://www.kendallhunt.com/peters-larkin/).
- Reading Magnum: A Visual Archive of the Modern World by Hoelscher, Steven, ed (University of Texas Press 2013, http://utpress.utexas.edu/index.php/books/hoerea)
- San Francisco: A Food Biography by Erica J. Peters (Rowman and Littlefield 2013, https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780759121515).
- Subterranean Struggles: New Dynamics of Mining, Oil, and Gas in Latin America by Bebbington, Anthony, and Jeffrey Bury, eds (University of Texas Press 2013, http://utpress.utexas.edu/index.php/books/beesub).
- Vanishing Coup: The Pattern of World History since 1310 by Perkins, Ivan (Rowman and Littlefield 2013, https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781442222717).
- What if Latin America Ruled the World: How the South will take the North through the 21st Century by Guardiola-Rivera, Oscar (Bloomsbury 2013, http://www.bloomsbury.com/us/what-if-latin-america-ruled-the-world-9781608192724/).