The AAG has undertaken several major new data collection surveys during the past several years. These include the AAG Diversity Task Force Survey of geography departments; three Enhancing Departments Graduate Education (EDGE) surveys and numerous EDGE focus group data collection activities; one DOL-funded written employment survey and two DOL employment focus group workshops to gather additional data; a lapsed member survey; Geography Faculty Development Alliance surveys (in conjunction with Ken Foote); an AAG Internationalization Survey (conducted with support from Carnegie Foundation and the American Council on Education), and the ALIGNED project department diversity surveys and analysis, amongothers. These supplemental AAG surveys have provided a wealth of focused and up-to-date information on topics important to the AAG and our discipline.
Departmental information from the AAG's supplemental survey
- The Landscape of Diversity in U.S. Higher Education Geography
- Diverse Experiences in Diversity at the Geography Department Scale
- AAG Newsletter 46(4), pages 4-5
- Enhancing Departments and Graduate Education (EDGE) in Geography
- Graduate and Undergraduate Education Data References
- Department Rankings References