The AAG is actively involved in collaborative international programs to promote the use of geographic knowledge, tools and technologies. All of these programs involve broad-based partnerships with public and private agencies, regional geographical organizations and educational institutions.
- My Community, Our Earth (MyCOE) – Since 2001, the AAG’s flagship international program has supported projects in over 100 countries to train school children, university students and teachers in the use of geographic knowledge and technologies to address sustainable development issues in their local communities. Find out more on the MyCOE website.
For international programs related to secondary and tertiary education, visit the Education section.
- Developing Fundamental Geospatial Datasets in Africa – With funding from the U.S. Department of State, the AAG provided support for local end-users of geospatial data in multiple African countries.
- Enhancing Latin American GIS&T Capacity – The AAG was involved in a technical cooperation project to explore the feasibility of a GIS&T Center for improving social and economic development in Latin America and the Caribbean..
- GeoInformation for Sustainable Urban Management – The AAG was involved in a program designed to promote the use of geospatial tools and information for decision-makers in medium to large cities in the Middle East and North Africa region.
The AAG has long advocated interacting with and providing support to geographers and other colleagues from around the world.
- There are special membership benefits to eligible people from developing countries
- There are a range of resources available organized by world region Find out more