Our staff is available to assist members of the media with questions about the Association of American Geographers, our programs and services, and our events. We also can help with general questions about geography and geographers as well as help locate experts within the geographic communities. See Ask a Geographer to find a volunteer member in a specific area.
- Spotlight profile: Geography innovators interviewed in GeoPivot magazine
In celebration of Geography Awareness Week 2013, our friends at GeoPivot magazine have posted video interviews with five innovative young professionals and students who are blazing their own paths in geography.
- Spotlight profile: Charles Gritzner, Distinguished Professor of Geography, South Dakota State University
Dr. Charles Gritzner received his doctorate in geography/anthropology from Louisiana State University and taught at the college level for over 50 years. In this interview for About.com, he reflects on his long and distinguished career and presents his case for why geography matters.
- Spotlight profile: Jonathan Meiburg, indie rockstar and biogeographer
Jonathan Meiburg is a multi-instrumentalist, singer, and songwriter for the band Shearwater. He's also an avid ornithologist who holds a master's degree in biogeography from The University of Texas at Austin.
- California budget plan would add 500 full-time faculty
A budget proposal under consideration by the California State University's Board of Trustees would add 500 new faculty positions for high-demand subjects, including geography.
- Spotlight profile: Juan Jose Valdes, Cartographer, National Geographic Society
Juan Valdes describes two significant journeys in his life: his arrival in the U.S. as a child refugee from Cuba and his path to a career as the official geographer of the National Geographic Society.