There are many reasons to join. Founded in 1904, the AAG is a community of over 10,000 geographers and professionals from related disciplines from over 60 countries. The Association’s journals, newsletters, books, and research reports are among the world’s most distinguished and influential publications related to geography. The AAG also supports and recognizes geographers around the globe through its many professional development programs and prestigious grants and awards programs.
By joining, you become a member of this dynamic network. In addition to facilitated communication with colleagues and friends of geography around the world, the AAG offers the following services:
- Online subscription to the AAG's 4 scholarly journals including current issue and all past issues:
- Online access to the monthly AAG Newsletter
- Eligibility to participate in AAG research grants and awards programs
- Access to employment opportunities and job postings
- Opportunities to develop and participate in collaborative research and educational programs
- Participation in Listserv Groups and AAG Specialty Groups (for example, you would be eligible to join topical specialty groups such as Transportation Geography, Urban Geography, GIS, Remote Sensing, etc.; and regional specialty groups such as Africa, Latin America, Asia, etc.)
- Reduced registration fees (member rates) at the AAG Annual Meeting and other AAG-sponsored meetings
- Reduced rates on other geography journals offered by the AAG
- Reduced prices on AAG books and other publications
- Optional hard copy subscription to journals at a small fee to cover cost of shipping only
If you are interested in joining the AAG through the Developing Regions Membership Program, click here to apply.