ArcGIS Online Training for Educators
To prepare for your GeoMentor experience, review the ArcGIS Online training materials below developed specifically for educators wishing to implement GIS in the classroom (they can also be found collectively here). These materials are excellent resources to share and discuss with your school collaborators. Additional resources to learn about ArcGIS Online and applications in the classroom are available here.
- GIS in Education (An introductory presentation) This is a high level, general introduction to the idea of using GIS in education.
- ArcGIS Online 5 x 5 5 activities, 5 minutes each, no login required
- Mapping with ArcGIS Online Guidance for learners, educators, and license administrators on how to learn to use ArcGIS Online for education
- ArcGIS Online Use Strategies Guidance for educators about how to take advantage of ArcGIS Online's various login opportunities
- AGO Skillbuilder (designed for students) AGO SkillBuilder is designed for students as a combination instructional pathway, assessment, and helpfile
- Teaching with GIS: Introduction to Using GIS in the Classroom – Esri Virtual Campus Course for Educators Free 3-hour online course especially for educators, using ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Online Organizations for K-12 Schools A high-level view of ArcGIS Online Organizations for use in K12 schools
Questions? Email email@example.com.