Be in the GeoMentor Spotlight!
The spotlight is a brief Q&A to help build the GeoMentor community, add faces and personalities to the concept of 'GeoMentors' in order to facilitate connections with teachers, and encourage others to participate as GeoMentors. These spotlights will be posted on our program website, online communities, and social media. If you are interested in being featured, please send your responses to the short set of questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to learn more about our GeoMentor community members!
- Photo of yourself (optional)
- Position/Job and Affiliation (or Student Level and University):
- What was your favorite class in K-12?
- How did you first learn about and/or use GIS?
- Name one thing you love about GIS and/or geography (I know, just one!):
- Why did you want to volunteer as a GeoMentor?
- What kind of GeoMentor volunteer opportunity and experience are you looking for?
- If someone asked you why they should learn about GIS and/or geography, how would you respond in one sentence?
- Email address:
- Website(s) (Optional: Provide any links to you or your work that you would like to share; e.g. LinkedIn, department website)
- Twitter username (optional)
Questions? Email email@example.com.