When: October 1, 2012 - March 1, 2013
Where: Yakutsk, Russia
The Third Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists, a geological conference and summer school hosted by the Melnikov Permafrost Institute, will be held June 24 - July 13 2013. Young researchers, including undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows, are invited to attend.
The geocryological conference will convene 24-27 June 2013 in Yakutsk, Russia. Conference themes include:
- Regional and historical geocryology
- Thermal regime of cryolythozone
- Periglacial processes and forms
- Landscape dynamics in permafrost regions
- Permafrost geochemistry
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Climate change and permafrost evolution
- Greenhouse gases and gas hydrates
- Permafrost microbiology
- Remote sensing of permafrost
- Stability of engineering structures on permafrost
The summer school, in the form of a geocryological field workshop, will be held 29 June - 13 July at the Tompo field camp of the North-Eastern Federal University in the Verkhoyansk Mountains. It will focus on mountain permafrost.