AAG Enrichment Funds
Deadline: September 22, yearly
The AAG will allocate approximately $30,000 to support participation of distinguished non-geographers in the annual meeting. The purpose of the Enrichment Fund is to enrich the AAG Annual Meeting by providing funds for individuals who likely would not participate in an AAG meeting without the awards. Requests for reimbursement of lodging, meeting registration fees, subsistence, and travel will be considered on a competitive basis. Enrichment funds may not be used for honoraria.
Approximately 35 to 50 applications are received each year. The selection committee typically makes awards ranging from $50 to $500.
To apply for meeting enrichment funds, prepare a brief (two-page maximum) request to the AAG Annual Meeting Program Committee that:
- Identifies the individual to be contacted about the outcome of the request.
- Enumerates the total amount required to underwrite the individual's participation in the meeting, and the share of that total requested from enrichment funds (cost sharing is strongly encouraged).
- Lists the name, affiliation, complete address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address of the individual for whom support is requested.
- Details how the individual will participate in the AAG meeting, including the title(s) of his or her presentation(s).
- Explains how the individual's presentation will enhance the AAG meeting.
- Specifies the individual(s) or group(s) sponsoring the individual's participation.
All applicants should submit their program participation to the AAG abstract submission system no later than September 22. Requests will be evaluated by the program committee on the basis of how and to what degree the presentation(s) will enrich the AAG meeting.
Send completed applications to email@example.com. Digital submissions are preferred.
Hard copies can be submitted to:
Enrichment Fund Awards
1710 Sixteenth Street NW
Washington, DC 20009-3198
Applications are due no later than September 22. Decisions will be transmitted to the contact person by December.
Note: Students are not elligible for enrichment funds. Please consider volunteering at the Annual Meeting.
Please direct all queries to:
Oscar C. Larson
Association of American Geographers
1710 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
Voice: (202) 234-1450
Fax: (202) 234-2744