Careers at AAG
The AAG has the following position available:
AAG Help Desk Technician
The Association of American Geographers has an opening for the position of Help Desk Technician, to be located at the AAG’s central office in Washington, DC. The position assists the IT Director with IT operations and the Membership Director with member database tasks.
The Help Desk Technician:
- provides support for office hardware, including PCs, Macs, laptops, printers, and the telephone system
- provides support for maintaining network connectivity
- provides support for office software, including Microsoft Office, Google Apps and Quickbooks
- updates AAG websites with employee-provided content
- assists with processing membership payment entries
- assists with registration desk duties at the AAG Annual Meeting
- assists with membership database maintenance
- performs other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate will have 1-2 years of general PC experience, including configuring and troubleshooting desktops, laptops and printers, and have 1-2 years experience working with wireless and wired networks. Experience with telephone systems, Google Apps, Macs, WordPress or other CMS is a plus. Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Persons interested in the position of AAG Help Desk Technician should submit a resume, a cover letter, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to:
IT Director/Membership Director
Association of American Geographers
1710 Sixteenth St., NW
Washington, DC 20009
AAG is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply. It also offers an outstanding benefits package and an excellent working environment.
For internship opportunities at AAG, please visit http://www.aag.org/internships.