AAG Elections 2014
- President: (one to be elected)
- Mona Domosh, Dartmouth College
- Vice President: (one to be elected)
- National Councillors: (two to be elected)
- Nominating Committee: (three to be elected)
- Honors Committee A: (one to be elected)
- Honors Committee B: (two to be elected)
NON-BINDING POLL: AAG Name ChangeBackground: In an April 2013 column, Past President Eric Sheppard joined other past presidents in recommending a name change for the AAG, from the Association of American Geographers to the American Association of Geographers, to better reflect the international scope of the AAG’s current membership and activities.
In order to gauge AAG members’ views on this question, please reply to the non-binding poll below. More information on this debate is available at
news.aag.org/2013/04/aag-name-change. This poll will not determine whether a name change will occur, but will inform AAG Council discussion of the topic.
Question: Do you favor changing the name of the AAG
from the Association of American Geographers to
the American Association of Geographers? • Yes • No