Geography for Life
The second edition of Geography for Life: National Geography Standards is now available for purchase through the National Council for Geographic Education online store (http://www.ncge.org/geography-for-life). Geography for Life outlines the geographic perspectives, content knowledge (illustrated by 18 Standards) and skills required for students to become geographically informed persons. An interactive online reference is available through the National Geographic Society Education website (http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/national-geography-standards/?ar_a=1).
Geography for Life is an excellent reference for anyone working in K-12 education and preservice teacher preparation or professional development including, but not limited to:
- District and state curriculum developers
- Educators at K-12 and higher education levels
- Preservice education students at colleges and universities
- Home schooling organizations and parents
- Informal educators working with students
- Textbook authors and publishers of instructional materials
Geography for Life: National Geography Standards, Second Edition was developed by the Geography Education National Implementation Project (GENIP) on behalf of the Association of American Geographers, American Geographical Society, National Council for Geographic Education, and the National Geographic Society.