EDGE Sessions and Workshops on Careers and Professional Development
The AAG’s Enhancing Departments and Graduate Education (EDGE) project is sponsoring a series of panels, paper sessions and workshops examining professional development and careers in geography. The sessions are being organized for the following upcoming meetings:
- EUGEO Conference in Rome, Italy (September 4-7)
- Association of Pacific Coast Geographers (September 25-28)
- Northeast Arc Users Group (September 30 - October 2)
- Romania Geography Education Symposium (October 11-12)
- 36th Annual Applied Geography Conference in Annapolis, MD (October 30-November 1)
Plans are underway for EDGE sessions at the 2014 AAG Annual Meeting in Tampa, Florida (April 8-12). The various sessions are being convened to engage students, academic faculty, career advisors, professionals and employers from the private and public sectors in a dialogue aimed at sharing perspectives on ways to improve the preparation of geographers for careers in business, government, and nonprofit organizations. Participants will discuss key trends and issues affecting career opportunities for geographers, while highlighting some of the ways geography programs design curricula, provide internships and offer other professional development experiences to enhance students' employability.