Emerging themes for the AAG Chicago meeting
The conference will feature more than 5,000 presentations, posters, and workshops by leading scholars, researchers, and educators. Current themes for the AAG Annual Meeting include:
- Radical Intra-Disciplinarity
- International Geospatial Health Research
- Symposium on Physical Geography: Environmental Reconstruction -- A Nexus of Biogeography, Climatology and Geomorphology
- Geography and Online Education
- Chicago and the Great Lakes Region
These themes are meant to provide some framework for the meeting, but as always, any topic relevant to geography is welcome at the AAG annual meeting.
— Julie Winkler, AAG Past President
The AAG is currently identifying more topics to help focus discussion and provide a fresh and engaging structure to the conference program, and encourages attendees to develop themes relevant to the meeting's location or subjects influenced by political and intellectual trends within the discipline. Please see the links above and to the left for more information about how to get involved with these themes.
For more information, contact Oscar Larson, AAG conference director.