Poster Sessions for the 2017 Boston Meeting
Posters are exhibited for informal browsing with opportunities for individual discussion with poster authors. The AAG will host all themed poster sessions in the Exhibit Hall. Posters will be displayed during dedicated viewing times (marked in bold below).
Please note that the AAG will add your poster to the session which most closely aligns to your poster’s theme, however if you have a strong preference you may indicate which poster session you would like to participate in in the "Special Requests" field of the abstract submission console.
2017 Poster Sessions:
- Human Geography - Thursday, April 6 and Friday, April 7
- Physical Geography - Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8
- Geographic Information Science and Technology (GIS&T) - Thursday, April 6
- Each presentation should make a unified, coherent statement
- Materials, both textual and visual, should be of professional quality and be clearly legible from a distance of four feet (4')
- Text should be limited to brief statements
- Graphic materials will be displayed on a 4' x 8' poster board (landscape-oriented only) supplied by the AAG
- Abstracts for each presenter are required and are presented during session
To submit a poster for the 2017 Annual Meeting:
1. Register for the meeting at http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/register
2. Navigate to the abstract and session submission console and select new abstract
3. Select "Poster" as your abstract type.
4. Submit your abstract by February 23, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: Posters may not be sorted into sessions before the February 23 abstract deadline. If you do not currently see your poster listed in a session, please check back after the deadline.
NEW! Specialty Group Themed Poster Sessions
All posters entered into Specialty Group Themed Poster Sessions will be viewed during one of the AAG’s LARGE poster browsing sessions in the Exhibit Hall. This will bring great visibility to your poster and research and will also highlight the good work that scholars are doing in your area within the discipline.
Posters in these sessions will be placed in their own row/area during the general browsing session, and there will be a Specialty Group placard placed by your poster to indicate that you are part of the competition.
- China Specialty Group
- Disability Specialty Group
- Environmental Perceptions and Behavioral Geography Specialty Group
- AAG Mapathon
- Polar Geography Specialty Group
- Rural Geography Specialty Group
- Transportation Geography Specialty Group
Specialty Group chairs: if your group is interested in hosting a Poster Competition, please contact Oscar Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the Chair or session organizer for your particular group, if listed above. You may want to consult the Knowledge Community or group listserv for more information about your Specialty Group's session guidelines.